Friday, January 15, 2010

Goal setting

It's time to set some goals. Obtainable "check off the list" goals. This is a first for me! I do it when I need to tackle the housework, or get a project done, but I've never done it for my weight loss.

Right now, at 223, I've lost 25lbs since having my baby, and the weight has stopped magically falling off. Apparently I need to do more than breastfeed while watching Biggest Loser! The amount of weight I need to lose is pretty signifigantly, and overwhelming. Days tick by without any trackable process, because I don't know where to start. Luckily, I have some milestones in the next 12 months:

March 28 - SCV Birthday Dinner
July 1 - InLaws' Wedding
August 17 - 5yr anniversary
Sept 28 - Turn 23
Dec 23 - Baby's 1st birthday

Based on 2lbs a week, I should be able to lose close to 100
lbs by the baby's birthday. However, forseeing plateaus, and the fact that i'd be ridiculously small at 120lbs, I'm aiming for 80. Only 1lb a week for the last 3mo:

March 28 - 20lbs
July 1- 48lbs
Aug 17 - 62lbs
Sept 28 - 72lbs
Dec 23 - 85lbs

How am I going to do this? Well, since I am breastfeeding, I can't 'diet' persay. And, without doctor clearance yet, I can't do anything too stressful. Baby steps :)

Currently, Trevor is away on business for 2 wks, and everything is up to me. So, on top of mommy duties, and wifey chores, I'll also be doing the papa jobs: lugging the carrier around, lifting the stroller into the car, carrying baby 100% of the time. These things alone should burn a few hundred extra calories a day. On top of this, I'm going to get in a walking/Pilates schedule. This way, I'll have a set routine when he gets home, and I'll be less likely to make excuses.

To start, I will nurse baby when we first wake up, then load her up into the stroller and take her and AllieDog for a 20min walk. Then, I will do Pilates with my mom 2x a week. Luckily, since she owns the place, I can work out on baby's schedule, and come in when mom's not teaching a full class.

It's ambitious, surely. But, it is doable, as long as I put my mind to it. I find myself avoiding pictures with the baby, since I'm not happy with how I look. I can't let my vanity rob us of anymore memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You go girl! You are so freakin inspiring Chelsea! Man, your plan sounds good. You forgot to mention that an old friend will be walking with you more when the weather warms up a bit! I've got faith in you that you can lose the weight you want. You are so lucky that your mom has her pilates place, that will probably help you out a lot. You've definatley got it goin on girl!
Don't "not-take-pics" because of the way you feel you look. Baby's gonna wanna see happy pictures when she's older and I know that you're generally a happy person. So, click away!
Say Cheese!
Love ya Chels!