Saturday, May 2, 2009

Okay, so I guess it's time to update this blog, or drop it.

Cuz, well, there's that whole pregnancy-weight gain, thing.

Yeah! I'm pregnant! Trevor and I are having a baby!! Oh my goodness, I'm so stupid excited about it.

But. Right now, we're not talking about baby, really. We're talking about what my fat ass has done in the past two weeks since finding out. One guess...it starts with E, and rhymes with "feet".

I don't know what my deal is! I KNOW I'm not "eating for two", you're only supposed to eat about 300 more calories than normal. Hello, it's a BABY in there, not a full grown adult. But yeah. Since I found out, and then entered my 6th and 7th week, my appetite is all wacked. The first week, I didn't care, because we were stressed. The second (read, sixth) week started out bad with a trip to the A's game, and plenty of crap food. Since then my tummy can't decide if it's full or starving, a really really weird phenomenon. Add the nausea on to it, and you'd think I wouldn't even want to look at food!

But no. No, all I want is comfort, carb-y, fatty goodness. Our meals the past week? Monday, Beef Stroganoff. Tuesday, Taco Night. Wednesday, Left Over Beef Stroganoff. Thursday, Cheese Burgers. Friday, Hawaiian Pizza. And thats just DINNER. Nevermind the crap they've been bringing me at work since they found out. Breakfast sandwiches, food from the catering service down the street, taco truck, bear claws... seriously! It's ridiculous.

So, needless to say, I'm back up in the 190s. Below 195, but depending on how recently I've gone to the bathroom, that statement could be false. I HAVE gone to the gym 4 times in the last two weeks, which is not bad given my track record the last...6 months? I went again today, and felt great. Thats the thing, I feel AMAZING at, and after, the gym. But, it's the getting to it that's my problem. Morning sickness, and a cuddly baby daddy make it rally hard to go before work, and after work I'm exhausted from my caffeine withdrawal.

But I just need to do it. Two reasons:

A. (for annoying) I never want anyone to think "is she pregnant? or is she just fat." Yeah. Not into that.
B. (for baby) I need to be a healthy vessel for this tiny blueberry-sized blob with webbed hands and feet. (Yeah weekly baby-formation updates) Drum corps has always been a reason, vanity has always been a reason, but NEVER have I had any driving force to fix my health, more important than this one. I'm tired, ALL the time, and it has to do with my diet and exercise. Having a baby, and raising a baby is exhausting as it is, I can't be sleepy mama, I have to be up and alert and healthy to ENJOY being the young mom that I am.

So, today after babysitting (go fig.) I went to the gym. I almost didn't go, but I was on the phone with my mom, and I couldn't exactly bail with that kind of witness. And it was good. (then I came home and ate leftover pizza. I had a good food day otherwise, don't judge.) And tonight, I feel a million times better than I have the last few days, not over stuffed, I can handle the nausea...if anything I'm a little dehydrated, but I have a bottle of water downstairs thats calling my name.

So that's what's up. I won't change the page tonight, it's 10:15, I'm tired and the animals need their dinner. But I guess I can, and this can show my progress for the next 5-6 months until I get too big to work out.

No comments: